Activated charcoal or carbon is an extremely important component of most water purifying systems. It is carbon or charcoal that is processed to introduce small pores all over its surface area, to make it appropriate for adsorption or chemical reactions.
Today it is used for eliminating drug toxicity, while in earlier times, it was used to dismissing gastric pains (it is still made by heating charcoal at extreme temperatures in the presence of gases to form pores in it). You can also get carbon coco toothpaste to whiten your teeth.
Some of its known advantages are:
· Whitening of teeth because it eliminates impurities and bacteria quickly
· Dismissing digestive disorders
· Eliminating drug toxicity in cases of overdose of drugs
· Remove acne on the skin, so is a component in face washes
· Used in room purifiers as it absorbs the musty air particles
· Used in water distillation systems
· Used in wound care goods to eliminate odors and promote disinfection
· Used in the nutrition industry to bleach edible fats and oils.
· Ingesting it helps in relieving symptoms of cholestasis in pregnant women, which is the abridged flow of bile in the bile duct that cause severe itching.
It is extensively recommended for whitening teeth. In fact, one can use it easily by applying it directly on the teeth by dipping the toothbrush in it and brushing them like normal. After brushing one must rinse one's mouth systematically and spit out the rinse without ingesting it.